In the News
Compass Readiness Checklists
In response to requests to reduce the number of emails related to the upgrade, we will consolidate the various communication streams into one weekly email called ‘The Compass Readiness Checklist’.
This checklist will be sent weekly as we start the countdown to Go-Live. The various work streams will be in highlighted sections and the content will be limited to important information and action items. Review the Audience Impacted column to see which areas pertain to you.
Listening Tour UpdateDuring the spring of 2014, many of you attended Listening Tour sessions with Belva White and provided valuable insight into what Compass features and functionality worked well, and which ones needed to be improved. The feedback collected provided the basis for many of the Compass upgrades.
(Click on the image below for more detailed information.)
Come One, Come All!
User Acceptance Testing
WHAT IS IT?
This is your opportunity to test drive some of your day-to-day job functions in the new Compass system. There are 41 sessions with various topics, dates, session times and locations.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
r Download the How to Register for a UAT Session job aid
- Register for a Thursday session on the ELMS.
r Download the How to Register for the Pre-requisite Webinar job aid
- Complete the pre-Lab Webinar
WHEN ARE THE SESSIONS?
Then….Get Out and Play!
After participating in a Thursday UAT lab, you will have continued access to the FSCLONE 9.2 Compass environment to play in and get comfortable with the new upgraded Compass. The FSCLONE 9.2 environment will have the same look and feel of Compass at Go-Live.
Finance Support Center
Emory University Finance is introducing a new Finance Support Center hosted in Salesforce Service Cloud.
We heard you when you told us that you wanted
- a single point of contact,
- more consistent answers,
- improved response time, and a
- better self-service resource base for your Finance questions.
Come hear about the newly incorporated changes and how we are better aligned to help you with your Finance-related needs.
The introduction of Finance Support Center will precede the onset of formal Compass Upgrade training. Compass users can expect an enhanced support experience as we move toward a Compass Upgrade go-live date of November 14, 2016.
Look for an email with registration information and attend a Compass Outreach Session - Introducing the Finance Support Center
Stay tuned for more information in June.
Peer Expert Council
A Peer Expert Council was formed in March with a kick-off meeting scheduled for April 5, 2016. Peer Experts are typically the ‘power users’ within their business units and departments. They possess better than average knowledge of the Compass tool. The Peer Expert’s guidance and support will help their peers experience a smoother transition from current state to future state.
- Peer Experts provide “hands-on” feedback related to training and testing. They help answer user questions during and after training.
- Peer Experts will share their technical knowledge of Compass Upgrade within their business units and departments and increase overall end-user comfort level with the upgraded Compass tool.
When Should You Register?
REGISTER for Classroom or Webinar Training.
- If your Learning Plan includes classroom or webinar course training, register now!
- Select dates and times that work with your schedule
- All Financial system users (including Compass, EPEX, Emory Express and EBI) with access to create or use University data must be in compliance with Emory Policy 10.13 prior to October 31, 2016.The IDM course is required for you to have any access at all to Compass.* You will NOT have View or Transactional access to any modules at Go-Live without completing this course prior to October 31. For more background information on data management policies please click here.
- eLearning courses are not quite ready for viewing yet. We have marked them as “Coming Soon” in the ELMS because Compass users cannot register for them until they are loaded into the ELMS. When they are available, you will receive notice in the Compass Weekly Readiness Checklist. We expect them to be available in mid-September.
NOTE 1: We recommend taking the eLearning courses in mid to late October so that the information is still fresh in your mind at Go-Live.
NOTE 2: You do not have to complete eLearning courses prior to Go-Live if you do not anticipate needing access to the module. Example: If you rarely travel, you can wait until right before or right after your next trip to take the Travel & Expense Enhancements eLearning course. After completion, you will have T&E module access within 48 hours.
A Learning Plan has been created for you. Learning Plans(course and type of training) is based on your historical Compass use in each module. For example if you are a Heavy User* in the T&E module, then your learning program will include classroom training. If you use the T&E module but are not a Heavy User, your coursework will likely be eLearning.
Visit the Training tab on this website for more information.
Compass user who creates more than the average number of transactions in a module over a 1-year period (Feb. 2015 – Feb. 2016) are assigned Classroom or Webinar training courses. Non Heavy users are typically assigned to eLearning course or they can view recorded classroom sessions to fullfill their course requirements.
Click on the Compass Conversations link to hear Dave Miller, Director, PeopleSoft Financial Project speak about the progress of the Compass Upgrade project and some highly anticipated features and functionality.
Answers To Your Questions
The module leads have provided answers and updates to the questions that you asked during the Listening Tour and Compass Outreach Sessions for the following modules: Accounts Payable, Travel & Expenses, Reporting, General Ledger, SmartKey and Grants Management. The consolidated spreadsheets of Q&A are on the NEWS & EVENTS / Meeting Presentations, Recordings & Parking Lots tab of this website.